The end of Barack Obama’s presidency and the Black History Month proved to be an apt moment for the official foundation of the Obama Institute for Transnational American Studies at the Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz. The executive board of the Obama Institute (Proff. Mita Banerjee, Jutta Ernst, Alfred Hornung, Axel Schäfer, Oliver Scheiding) was joined by President Georg Krausch, Dean Stephan Jolie, colleagues and students for a short opening ceremony to launch the transnational program under the new name. Dedicated to transcultural and transdisciplinary work, the Obama Institute will establish a research platform for American Studies with colleagues in Rhineland Palatinate, the Atlantic Academy and international centers. At Mainz, it will profit from the collaboration of colleagues in cultural geography, law, economics, political science, religion, medicine, music and the arts, and from the input of the members of an international advisory board to pursue its research goals in the areas of early American Studies, indigenous studies, life writing, American history, and translation studies. For more information on the Obama fellowship program and the annual Obama dissertation award please visit our website http://obama-institute.com.
Volume 63 (2018)
- Volume 63.1 (2018)
- Heinz Ickstadt, Aesthetic Innovation and the Democratic Principle: Essays on Twentieth-Century American Poetry and Fiction. Eds. Susanne Rohr, Peter Schneck, Sabine Sielke. Heidelberg: Winter, 2016. 402 pp.
- Clare Hayes-Brady, The Unspeakable Failures of David Foster Wallace: Language, Identity, and Resistance
- Sascha Pöhlmann, ed., Against the Grain: Reading Pynchon’s Counternarratives (Amsterdam: Rodopi, 2010), 379 pp.
Volume 62 (2017)
- Volume 62.1 (2017)
- Volume 62.2 (2017)
- Volume 62.3 (2017)
- Volume 62.4 (2018)
Volume 61 (2016)
Volume 60 (2015)
Volume 59 (2014)
- Ausschreibung: Wissenschaftlicher Koordinator (m/w/d), KU Eichstätt-Ingolstadt 04/09/2021
- Ausschreibung: UniversitätsassistentIn – Postdoc, Universität Innsbruck 04/09/2021
- Third DGfA Town Hall (digital) in cooperation with the DGfA Diversity Roundtable 03/23/2021
- Christoph Daniel Ebeling Fellowship jointly sponsored by DGfA/GAAS and AAS – Deadline Extended 03/18/2021