The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.09.2021 of a
University Assistant (post doc)
at the Department of English and American Studies
Reference number: 11946
The Department of English and American Studies (Faculty of Philological and Cultural Studies) at the University of Vienna announces the position of a university assistant (Post-doc). The successful candidate will be expected to hold an above-average PhD with a research specialization in North American Studies, and to teach courses in accordance with the Collective Agreement of the University of Vienna. The position offers the opportunity to write a post-doctoral dissertation (Habilitation).
Duration of employment: 6 year/s
Extent of Employment: 40 hours/week
Job grading in accordance with collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 lit. b (postdoc) with relevant work experience determining the assignment to a particular salary grade.
– research, teaching and administrative duties
– preparation of a post-doctoral project (Habilitation) in the field of American Studies
– participation in conference and workshop organization
– independent teaching in accordance with the Collective Agreement
– participation in evaluation and quality control activities
– willingness to work at the Canada Center
– successfully completed PhD, with an outstanding dissertation in North American literatures and/or cultures
– Teaching qualifications:
* experience in student supervision
* comprehensive experience in teaching American Studies
* certified training in teaching at university level
– experience in conference and guest lecture organisation (incl. procurement of third-party funds) as well as team work
– excellent publication record in in the field of American Studies
Applications should include:
– Letter of intent
– Academic CV
– Draft of habilitation / post-doc project (max. 5 pages)
– List of publications
– dissertation and 1 published article (in a journal or collection of essays), as .pdfs
– List of held courses incl. short course descriptions
|Main research field||Special research fields||Importance|
|Linguistics and Literature||American studies||MUST|
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 20.07.2021, mentioning reference number 11946.
For further information please contact Pasterk, Michaela +43-1-4277-42420.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.