Due to the current COVID-19 crisis, the executive board of the German Association for American Studies (GAAS), together with the local organizers at the Heidelberg Center for American Studies, decided to cancel this year’s GAAS conference. At the same time, and in close communication with future local organizers, we postpone the annual conference schedule by a year. We will meet in Heidelberg next year, from June 10-12, 2021. The conference theme will remain “Participation in American Culture and Society.” The annual conferences after Heidelberg will be held in Tübingen (2022), Rostock (2023), and Oldenburg (2024). For further information along the way, please, check the GAAS and conference websites (dgfa.de and dgfa2020.com).
Volume 63 (2018)
- Volume 63.1 (2018)
- Heinz Ickstadt, Aesthetic Innovation and the Democratic Principle: Essays on Twentieth-Century American Poetry and Fiction. Eds. Susanne Rohr, Peter Schneck, Sabine Sielke. Heidelberg: Winter, 2016. 402 pp.
- Clare Hayes-Brady, The Unspeakable Failures of David Foster Wallace: Language, Identity, and Resistance
- Sascha Pöhlmann, ed., Against the Grain: Reading Pynchon’s Counternarratives (Amsterdam: Rodopi, 2010), 379 pp.
Volume 62 (2017)
- Volume 62.1 (2017)
- Volume 62.2 (2017)
- Volume 62.3 (2017)
- Volume 62.4 (2018)
Volume 61 (2016)
Volume 60 (2015)
Volume 59 (2014)
- Events | Reading and Conversation with Nana Kwame Adjei-Brenyah, author of Friday Black (2018) and Chain-Gang All-Stars (2023) 24/11/2023
- Openings | 1 Postdoc Position (m/w/x) at TU Dresden 22/11/2023
- Openings | 7 PhD Positions (m/w/x) at TU Dresden 22/11/2023
- Fellowships | Doctoral Program “American History – History of the Americas” at LMU Munich 22/11/2023