Application deadline: January 15, 2022
UNIVERSITY OF TRIER
The junior professor of American Literature at the Department of English (Jun.-Prof. Dr. Nele Sawallisch), Faculty of Language, Literature and Media Studies, invites applications for a position asResearch Assistant (‘Wissenschaftliche/-r Mitarbeiter/-in’, 50%, E 13 TV-L) for a limited period of three years, starting April 1, 2022. A limited extension might be possible. The chair covers North American literatures and cultures (including Canada) from the eighteenth to the twenty-first centuries, with a particular emphasis on comedy and humor studies, Black studies, Black Atlantic and Border studies.
Preferred applicants will:
- have a successfully completed MA (Master, Magister, 1. Staatsexamen, equivalent degrees) in (North) American Studies or an equivalent accredited program
- have a profound interest in literary and cultural studies as well as their theoretical developments and future trends
- have C2 level of English or are English native speakers
- be proactive, motivated, and have the abilities to communicate and work in a team
- have spent time abroad in an English-speaking country (desired, not required)
You will be expected to:
- develop and pursue a PhD project within the context of the chair’s research foci
- teach in the degree programs of the English Department (2 SWS per semester) and eventually supervise bachelor’s theses
- assist and cooperate in publications and applications for third-party funding
- assist in administrative work
Applicants need to include in their applications:
- cover letter with a one- to two-page project description
- CV, including a list of publications and teaching (if applicable)
- a five-page writing sample
- transcripts of the usual qualification documents (MA degree, etc.)
The University of Trier is committed to equal opportunities in employment, in particular to increasing the number of women in academic positions. Women are therefore encouraged to apply. Among equally qualified applicants, candidates with a disability and candidates who are treated as equal to them in accordance with §2 Abs. 3 SGB IX will be given preference.Applications should be sent electronically, as one single pdf document, to the following address: Jun.-Prof. Dr. Nele Sawallisch, Fachbereich II/Anglistik, Universität Trier, D-54286 Trier, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please direct any questions to email@example.com.
Application deadline: January 15, 2022.