The English Department invites applications for a position as a Language Teacher (Lehrkraft für besondere Aufgaben) (Salary Scale 13 TV-L, 94 %) starting on 1 September 2018. The position is limited until 30 September 2020, with the possibility of an extension.
Responsibilities and duties
The position mainly involves teaching English to university students, the vast majority of whom have German as their native language.
- the work entails teaching English to students (at level B2+) in the fields of language practice (Sprachpraxis) and possibly academic seminars, preferably in Linguistics or TEFL (Fremdsprachendidaktik)
- the language courses focus particularly on usage accuracy
- team work is important, as many courses are taught as parallel courses
- the position may comprise teaching a course on life and institutions in Anglophone countries (e.g. history or geography and aspects of regional cultures)
- in addition to teaching and marking duties, the successful applicant will be required to help to set, invigilate and correct exams
- a master degree in Literature, Languages, Linguistics and/or Education
- excellent knowledge and experience in teaching composition and writing skills
Furthermore, we expect:
- a native speaker of English
- knowledge of German at an advanced level (C1+)
As an equal opportunities employer, Leibniz Universität Hannover intends to promote women in the context of statutory requirements. For this reason suitably qualified women are specifically invited to apply.
Please send your application with the usual documents by 01 June 2018 to:
More information: https://www.uni-hannover.de/en/universitaet/jobs/jobboerse/detail/luhjobs/2082/